Here we are at the end of another year.
How was your 2016?
– Did you make all the MONEY you wanted?
– Did you get to take enough time AWAY from your business like you wanted?
– Did you develop any new contractor sales SYSTEMS so the business doesn’t rely on you so much?
This is the perfect time of year to review and reflect on “what worked” and “what didn’t” to grow your contractor business in 2016.
And make a plan that makes you and your home improvement business better in 2017.
Now, I know planning ain’t fun. Ugh, it’s definitely not my strong suit.
But, I know from experience having a plan vs. no plan gets you closer to achieving your goals. So, we’ve been doing some planning.
Here are a few things I am consciously aware of and planning (NOW) for next year:
More money, for sure. We did really well this year, but is it ever really enough?
Do you know your income goal for next year? It starts there, NOT at the gross sales number (Revenue = Vanity, Profit = Sanity). Here’s a tip, choose your profit number first then work your way backwards. Get as many of your numbers down as possible.
On Wednesday, I did a painful planning session with my top advisor Bob. We painstakingly went through our numbers so we know month-by-month, exactly how many leads we need to produce to hit our sales goal. Aside from that, we created a budget for next year so we know exactly what we need to do to hit our PROFIT goals.
Free Time. I love what I do, but I need time away. To recharge my batteries, to rest, to think.
Do you have any planned time away from your business in 2017? If not, take out your calendar and give it a look. At a minimum, plan something for each of the first 2 quarters. Something. Anything. A long weekend. A week. Do it. Block it out now.
This year, I think we took about 7 or 8 weeks of time off. I want to get to 10! So far for 2017, we’ve planned out our calendar through June. As of right now, we’ve got about 3 weeks of planned time off in the first half of the year. Time off is not a luxury for entrepreneurs, don’t let anyone ever tell you that or make you feel bad for wanting it… it’s a necessity for any wealthy contractor.
Contractor Sales Systems. There is ONE critical system that will get all of my attention in 2017. Once that system is created, it will free me up considerably. Take a huge load of stress off my shoulders. AND, come to think of it, once it’s in place and running, I’ll make a crapload more money too!
Is there something you are doing in your home improvement business right now that causes you stress, that you know you shouldn’t be doing? But, because you don’t have a system in place, you’re stuck…? Well, why not get rid of it next year and purposely work towards systemizing it?
I think at a minimum, if you just get clear on the 3 areas above; MONEY, TIME and SYSTEM – define outcome, plan how to get the outcome and have a tracking method, by this time next year, you’ll have more money in the bank, more free time and have one less job to do in your business.
Don’t know about you, but that sounds to me like a very successful year.
The goal of The Wealthy Contractor Program™ is to bring mentors, strategies, tactics, tools and resources into your world that will help you close more sales, make more money and build a life of excellence.
We’ll be offering you much more in 2017.
As we finish up the year, I have 2 things for you.
1. Down below, we’ve put together a “best of” The Wealthy Contractor 2016 exclusively for you. 8 of our top rated podcasts, webinars, blog posts and newsletters.
2. A favor. I want to know more about you and how The Wealthy Contractor can help you grow your contractor business. Please take just a couple of minutes right now and answer a few questions so we’ll have a better idea of how we can help you in 2017.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.
- Episode 1: Brian Elias, Owner of 1-800-Hansons
- Episode 2: Charlie Gindele, Owner of Renewal By Andersen of Orange County
- NEW! Episode 3: John Anglis, Owner of CareFree Home Pros
- The Wealthy Contractor is now printed and distributed quarterly. To view the Q4 2016 print issue (Volume 1, Issue 1), click here.
- To sign up for the digital e-zine distributed every two weeks, please visit The Wealthy Contractor Online.
- Decision 2017: What You Can Do to Keep Your Business Great Through 2020
- How to Boost Your 5-Star Reviews
- How to Wow: How to Get More Referrals and Get More Repeat Sales
- How the Right Sales Presentation Can Boost Your Sales, Help You Build a Winning Sales Team and Free You Up to Grow Your Business