The reality of it is we do quit. And we don’t completely quit, we just settle for less. And, we settle for less because we aren’t committed. So, I thought this year, I would do something a little different. I would create a list of things that are SET IN STONE. These are things I have to do, in order to reach my goals. These are not resolutions; these are my marching orders for 2015. These are the things I am committed to because I know that if I do these things, I’ll reach my goals for 2015. After I finished my list, I thought it might be a good idea to share the idea with you, and also share my list. Below you’ll find what I’m calling my 10 Commandments for Business Success in 2015. If you like the idea, and draw up your own list, I’d love to see it.
1. I will create a plan and a budget for 2015, then review, adjust and correct on a weekly, monthly and quarterly schedule.
2. I will apply the 80/20 rule to all activities, to OPTIMIZE my results.
3. I will create more PROFIT for my shareholders.
4. I will create more PROFIT for my clients, vendors, partners and other key relationships.
5. I will further develop and encourage my key team members.
6. I will allow my key team members to take more and more “low payoff” activities away from me, so I can focus on more “high-payoff” activities.
7. I will take more time to rest and recharge.
8. I will better schedule my time, so I’m not as stressed, so I get to spend more quality time with those I love.
9. I will spend more time nurturing and further developing my relationship with my key clients.
10. I will continue to hone my knowledge and my skills through learning and education.